- Does the company have a prospecting methodology? Can they provide examples of where clients have swapped legacy prospecting with Social?
- Does the company understand change management principles? For example, does the company have a track record of change in large B2B companies?
- What does the company employees Social profiles look like? They should and must reflect the best social profiles. We often hear as an excuse, “I’m too busy working with clients to update my social profiles”. This is rubbish. If a person stands in front of your team and tells them to have a great social profile and they have a crap profile, what credibility do they have? None.
- You need to drill down and really understand how the social selling company will give your company the change and transformation. Let’s not forget that social selling is about mindset change and habit change. For example if you are offered profile writers, this does not provide change. Different profile but no mindset change and no habit change. The same with webinars, this does not activate the whole team and will leave people behind. Certainly something too bear in mind.
- Local vs Global – Many client companies have a global presence and we all know that each geographic location has different traditions, ways of doing business and even different social channels. For example, in Germany they use Xing and in Asia there is a lot of WeChat usage. Some social selling companies offer an American cookie cutter approach. Social selling is about having a common global methodology that is implemented locally through local teams who understand the local business differences.
- Is the Social Selling company you are going to employ social? So you have checked out the social profiles and they are all great, but is the company really social. There is a company that say they do social selling in London. I know this as they spam me weekly, I cannot get off their email list. This isn’t social. If you sell social selling then you need to lead from the front and be social. Do they use social to get clients? This will prove if the social selling prospecting method they say they have works. Do they use social to run the business. Get examples of how using social, over using email, has enabled them to increase efficiency.
- Do they suggest things that are illegal on LinkedIn, such as using chat bots or fake profiles?
- Are the people offering LinkedIn training or social selling training? LinkedIn is only 30% of you and your prospects social graph. Linkedin training isn’t good bought there needs to be a vision for social across all platforms.
- Is the company able to offer social programs outside of sales? Social selling is “interesting” but it is a random act of social. Can the supplier offer end-to-end digital transformation with social? Covering sales, human resources, customer experience, procurement, etc, etc.
- Is the company “walking the walk” do they have great social media profiles on LinkedIn, Twitter, etc, just LinkedIn isn’t good enough. Do the publish regular content? is that content insightful and educational?
This is just some too the things you should look for when searching for a company that can help you with a social selling roll out. It is critical that you go on-line and check people out.
People who read this article also read these: